Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) or “IRA Rollover” Gifts for Donors Aged 70½ or Older
How It Works
- You are 70½ or older and instruct your plan administrator to make direct transfers to us and any other charities that, cumulatively, do not exceed $100,000 in the case of outright gifts or $50,000 in the case of transfers for a life-income plan. Both of these limits are adjusted for inflation beginning in 2024.
- Plan administrator makes transfer as directed to Willamette
- Your gift is transferred directly to Willamette; since you do not receive the funds, they are not included in your gross income*
- The amount you transfer will count towards your mandatory distribution if you have attained the age when required distributions begin. That age, which had been 72, was raised to 73 for those who become 72 between January 1, 2023, and December 1, 2032, and 75 for those who reach the age of 74 after December 31, 2032.
- You support the programs that are important to you at Willamette
*No income-tax deduction is allowed for the transfer.
Request an eBrochure
Which Gift Is Right for You?
Office of Gift Planning
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.